Regular maintenance cleaning of your exterior surfaces is a crucial step in the presentation of your property. When it comes to the interiors of our residential or commercial property, cleaning is an everyday activity, but the exteriors are often ignored. That’s why dirt-stained exteriors are a common sight. Ensure you save your property against such a fate by maintaining a proper cleaning schedule for your exteriors. Your exterior surfaces are composed of different elements – roof, porch, driveway, skylight, exterior walls rendering, etc.- all requiring a unique cleaning technique. Using the proper technique is essential to maintain the integrity of your property and charge it with the desired look and feel. To help you out, we will take you through one aspect of exterior cleaning – render cleaning in Melbourne. Here’s our comprehensive guide to ensure that you make no mistakes when washing the rendered walls of your property.
Let’s get started!
Why is Render Cleaning Important?
While exterior rendering dates back centuries, it has become a popular choice in recent years. Exterior rendering has certain benefits –
- It enhances the overall aesthetics of your exterior walls.
- Help improve the thermal performance of your property by promoting energy efficiency.
- A maintained property with rendered walls will look & on sell well in the property market.
Your rendered walls bring home many benefits, so it is a cost-effective investment. But to avail the benefits of your rendered walls for as long as possible, regular maintenance cleaning is essential.
- If you tackle dirt and algae build up or stains and ensure your property looks as good, it will look good for many years.
- Dirty and unkempt rendered walls can be a breeding ground for algae and mould, both of which can potentially do a lot of damage to your property. So, regular render cleaning in Melbourne can help you preserve the structural integrity of your property.
- If you are planning to sell your property or rent it out, exterior cleaning can significantly increase the value and demand of your property.
So, make sure you add render cleaning in Melbourne to your exterior cleaning schedule and don’t let dirty or stained walls eat into the functionality or appearance of your property.
Basics of Render Cleaning
Now that we are clear on the importance of regular render cleaning in Melbourne let’s get into its basics. As an expert team of render cleaners, we are well aware of the unique needs of the Melbourne property industry and, therefore, tailor our services to best cater to them. While we are there to help you at each step and offer comprehensive support, it’s best if you are versed in the basics yourself.
Signs that Your Property is in Need of Render Cleaning
With render cleaning in Melbourne, you must first be aware of the signs showing that it’s time for a thorough clean. While you can always set a schedule and initiate a thorough render cleaning service at regular intervals, certain conditions can demand you to break the pattern and schedule it before. For instance, if you notice visible mould and mildew growth, it’s an immediate sign that you should avail of render cleaning in Melbourne as soon as possible. To help you make the right decision, here are a few signs you should look out for –
- Discoloured walls: If your rendered walls look dull and lifeless, accumulated dirt could be the culprit.
- Stains and spots: If you notice stains and spots running across your property, it could indicate mould and mildew growth.
- Wear and tear: If there are visible cracks and chips on your rendered surfaces, they would benefit from a cleaning job.
- Black/green streaks: Algae growth can lead to grey, black, green patches or streaks on your walls; you can get rid of them with render cleaning in Melbourne.
- Unpleasant odour: Even if mould or mildew growth is not visible to the eye, you can probably smell it. And this unpleasant mouldy smile is a sign of the avail of render cleaning.
If you notice any of these signs, cleaning your rendered walls is the immediate step.
Types of Renders and their Cleaning Methods
There are different types of renders, and they have different cleaning requirements. So, if you thought there was one cleaning method that works best for all your renders, you were mistaken. To help you on this front, here are a few common types of renders found in Melbourne properties and the appropriate cleaning methods for them.
- Cement Render: Cement render is a durable option made of cement, sand and optionally lime. As they are high in strength, cement renders can easily endure high-pressure washing. You can also clean the stains and spots with a soft-bristle brushes, but avoid using harsh chemicals.
- Acrylic Render: Acrylic render is a popular choice because it is resistant to cracking. Done using acrylic polymers, they are a little less sturdy than cement renders. So, stick to mild detergents and sponges to clean and avoid pressure washing.
- Lime Render: Made with lime, sand and water, lime render is a flexible option offering a textured appearance. Stick to mild cleaning methods and make sure to avoid using harsh chemicals, as when lime is exposed to chemicals, it can lead to certain adverse effects.
- Polymer Render: Polymer renders are a cult favourite because of their water-resistant and crack-resistant properties. Soft washing is the ideal cleaning method for polymer surfaces, and you can also use mild detergents.
Should You Engage in DIY Render Cleaning?
People choose DIY over hiring professional cleaning services when it comes to rendering cleaning in Melbourne. If you are looking at a small project with limited surface and have basic knowledge of the ideal cleaning methods, then DIY can deliver the desired results. But if your project involves extensive work and removing some tough stains, it’s better to seek professional help cleaning rendered walls.
If you wish to give it a try yourself, let us guide you through. Here’s your DIY render cleaning guide –
- Identify your render type.
- Gather all required cleaning supplies.
- Prepare the cleaning solution as per manufacturer instructions.
- Wet the surface to ensure better cleaning action.
- Apply the solution and let it sit for the required time.
- Use a soft wash method to clean the surface.
- If stains remain, go for round 2.
DIY render cleaning can be time-consuming and doesn’t guarantee results. So, stay clear of any associated hassles by engaging in our professional render cleaning in Melbourne.
Benefits of Regular Render Cleaning in Melbourne
Render cleaning might seem like a hassle, especially if we tell you to do it regularly. But when you consider the long-term benefits, it all seems worth the effort.
- Regular render cleaning in Melbourne can help you extend the life of your render itself. When your rendered walls are free of algae, mould and mildew growth, they are sure to stay the same for years without requiring any additional maintenance.
- It can help you preserve the overall appearance of your home or workspace at minimal costs. Painting your exterior to enhance the curb appeal of your property can be a costly affair. But with render cleaning, you can create similar results without having to spend a lot.
- Render cleaning can offer protection against normal wear and tear and subsequent deterioration. When you regularly clear your render walls, you can detect and tackle any underlying issues at the onset and secure yourself against costly repair work.
- Mould and mildew not only bring down the aesthetics of your property but can also impact the overall health of the residents. They are pollutants that can lead to several respiratory diseases. So, clean render walls make way for healthy exteriors and, therefore, healthy living and working spaces.
Render Cleaning Process
At Exterior Cleaning Melbourne, we adopt a fully streamlined process to ensure we deliver a satisfactory and flawless cleaning service. Our render cleaning experts undertake each step with the utmost precision and make it their responsibility to give you your money’s worth.
- Preparatory Regime:
Pre-wet the surface with water to make way for better adhesion and prevent premature drying of cleaning agents.
Depending on your render type and the condition of your walls, determine the ideal cleaning method and bring in the necessary tools.
- Cleaning Process:
Apply the cleaning agent to your walls while ensuring even application and full coverage. Be sure to cover every inch of your render walls.
Let the chemical sit for the required duration to trigger the cleaning action. Slowly, all the stains will start to break down and make way for their easy cleaning.
Use gentle pressure to soft wash the required areas without damaging the surface.
Thoroughly rinse to remove any residue.
- Post-Cleaning Regime:
Conduct an inspection to make sure no stains remain. If you do find any spots, be sure to wash them off.
Once the surface dries, examine the results and clear the nearby area.
Why Hire Professionals for Render Cleaning in Melbourne?
Professional assistance is the best option for render cleaning in Melbourne. While you can clean your rendered walls on your own regularly, it’s smart to hire professionals to wash rendered walls at least once a year to ensure their longevity and maintain their appearance.
Pros of Hiring a Professional for Render Cleaning
- Professionals have working knowledge of different render types and their appropriate cleaning methods. They will be sure to adopt the best measures and deliver optimum results.
- Exterior cleaning experts have access to specialised cleaning equipment. So, they have undertaken the task without harming the surfaces or giving into any unnecessary risks.
- DIY render cleaning can become a safety concern, especially if you are dealing with high-rise buildings. Professionals operate with all safety measures in place, so they are at minimal risk of accidents.
- They have access to professional-grade chemical cleaning agents, the ones that are not readily available in the market. They will surely bring in the best quality materials and deliver the best results.
- These experts can help you save a lot of time. Their experience allows them to quickly undertake all necessary tasks and close the project within the minimum required time.
- When you utlise professional render cleaning in Melbourne, they will customise their services to best meet the requirements of your property. Depending on the condition of your walls, they will employ the most effective cleaning procedures.
Tips for Selecting the Best Render Cleaning Company
- Make sure they have all the necessary licences and insurance.
- Check their Google Reviews and client testimonials across multiple channels
- Do they have videos of their work?
- Go through the work portfolio and inspect their results.
- Enquire if they offer customised cleaning solutions.
- Make sure they deliver effective and sustainable cleaning solutions.
- Enquire about the safety protocols they have in place.
- Request a detailed quote and compare the quality & detail.
At Exterior Clean Melbourne, we stand tall on all these grounds and, therefore, are a preferred choice of Melbourne residents.
What is the cost of render cleaning in Melbourne?
While we offer our services at the best prices in the industry, the actual cost will depend on several factors –
- Size of the property
- Type of render
- Degree of soilage/dirt
- Amount of cleaning required
- The overall accessibility of the areas to be cleaned
Complete our online quote form and we will assess your property and provide a quote
So, this is everything you need to know about render cleaning in Melbourne. So, if you think your property needs professional render cleaning services, contact us and bring home the way to clean render walls. We make washing rendered walls easier than ever and deliver satisfactory results. So, connect with us today and make way for a hassle-free render cleaning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions Soft Washing
All types of render walls can be cleaned but different types require different cleaning methods. Depending on your rendered wall type you have to adopt the appropriate measures to ensure satisfactory results.
On an average, every property requires render cleaning at least once a year. But if you notice signs of contamination and mould or mildew growth, make sure to avail of professional cleaning services as soon as possible.
Depending on your render type and the extent of the stains, there are different methods you can rely on. For the majority of rendered facades & cladding soft washing is the best method. So, each project will follow a different cleaning routine, that’s why it is best to seek professional help.